I try to keep my reviews short and sweet never leaving spoilers.

You can follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Goodreads. The links are below.

Thursday 18 August 2016

New Release - Inevitable by AS Robersts

Genre: Dark Romance
Release Date: August 16, 2016
Dirty talking, tattooed Nathan Blackmore has it all, at least that's what he wants everyone to believe. Six months ago the only woman he has ever loved walked out of his life. This super bike rider vowed never to look back and never to give his love again. Nathan's self destruct button was pressed.
But that was then and this is now.
When Nathan and Bella Carpenter come face to face all the old feelings resurface. Bella, an investigative journalist, has a secret. A secret that has come back to haunt her, she needs to disappear, and disappear quickly. With her life possibly in danger the only person she can trust, no longer trusts her.
He wants the truth.
She is determined to keep her secret.
But what they both feel makes their passion inevitable.
'4.5 Home run, sex God! stars. Where have the Blackmore men been in my life?’ ~Jan
‘A.S.Roberts did a fantastic job of keeping me guessing and wanting more. A must read!’ ~Deborah
‘Well done on an emotionally, heartfelt love story.’ ~Donna
‘It had all the feels. I laughed, cried and urged them to get their acts together.’ ~Rachel
‘Inevitable is a HOT read and Nathan is the dominant alpha, dirty mouthed male that would make any girl quiver!’ ~Jan
‘This was a well written, nicely paced story with some drama, a bit of action and plenty of sexy times; some sweet and some smoking hot.’ ~MJ’s Book Blog

‘Bugger!’ I exclaimed out loud, as once again I dropped the stunning antique pearl necklace I was supposed to be wearing as part of my bridesmaid garb. Alex had presented it to me yesterday as his gift to the bridesmaid and I was in love with it already. The pearls were large but not ostentatious, and they had a pretty almost golden creamy quality to them, but the clasp was frustrating me. Either that or I was all fingers and thumbs after my last encounter with Nathan. The pit of my stomach was still somersaulting at his words and actions towards me.
Was it possible to love and hate someone at the same time?
I was beginning to think that it most definitely was. I know he was hurt, but did he have to be so extremely cruel and hateful towards me? I was starting to hate him, the way he was treating me was brutal, but somewhere deep down inside I knew that I still preferred his torture of me to being ignored by him.
What did that make me? Some kind of masochist? It beggared belief.
I was fumbling around on the floor next to my large bed, on my hands and knees, trying to find the necklace, as it had bounced off somewhere out of my view.
‘Mmmm… my favourite position for submission.’ The deep voice of my willing tormentor filled my normally quiet and calm space. I sat up quickly and stared at the physical specimen filling nearly the entirety of the oak doorframe. I had never seen a smart Nathan before and he was quite simply stunning. Navy blue tailored trousers and a white button-down collared shirt, which was untucked and only buttoned in the middle, revealing his abs at the base and his tattoos at the top and the sleeves were rolled up, showing his heavily tattooed forearms. His hair was still wet, from the shower I presumed, and for the first time that I’d ever seen, his hair was smart and not sporting the just-fucked look he normally wore so well. My eyes ran the entire length of him and I took in his turned up trousers and bare feet. Typical Nathan, he was smart for the wedding but had added little twists to his outfit that just of screamed of his attitude and non-compliance.
Recovering slightly from the feelings he churned up inside me, I managed to retort, ‘I believe my door was closed, I didn’t hear you knock… what the hell do you want?’ Standing up now and clasping my necklace tightly in my fisted hand, I stared at the man now invading my privacy with his mere presence. He moved and prowled towards me, eating up the space between us. Once he had entered my personal space, I heard him inhale deeply.
‘Here, let me,’ he offered, as he held his calloused fingers out, to take the necklace from me. Semi-reluctantly, I handed it over to him, but with a sense of relief that I could now legitimately turn my back to him and close my eyes. My hair had been put up earlier by the hairdresser and it had lots of loose tendrils that I knew he would have to move or pick up one by one, to avoid them being tangled in the necklace. What I hadn’t considered, was the time he would take doing it. It was like some strange, extremely erotic foreplay. The necklace was placed gently around my neck, caressing my collarbones, then it was pulled tight so quickly I gasped, my eyes opened and my hand flew to my throat. As the necklace was competently fastened and then released, the coldness of each pearl touched my burning skin. He lifted each curl and tendril slowly and separately, stroking them between his fingertips and then replacing them gently over the top of the pearls. Each touch of his rough fingertips sent electric currents coursing through my system and my bare arms broke out immediately in goose bumps. I knew that no one else had ever made me feel the way he did, and unfortunately no one else would probably ever do so again. Suddenly Nathan pulled me to him, my back to his front, and immediately I felt the lined contours of his rock hard body and his erection as it stabbed into the small of my back. With my increased breathing rate, I knew I had told him everything I had been trying so hard to keep from him.
As if he had ever been in any doubt.
My body sang out loudly to his whenever we were within sight of each other. That’s what he did to me plain and simple and my avoidance, it seemed, was futile.
‘A pearl necklace… eh, Bella? I remember the last one I fucking gave to you as you begged me for my cock… and by the way you’re trembling in front of me now, I know that you damn well remember it, too.’ I felt his breath in my ear as he whispered to me, my core muscles tightening involuntarily.
My Grecian-style dress was sleeveless and crossed over my boobs. He easily removed the straps from my shoulders and replaced them with his large hands, moving but barely touching my skin, every moment was the torture he so obviously meant it to be. Not for the first time, I felt it was possible for me to spontaneously combust at his touch. The feeling of pleasure was quickly replaced by a sudden burst of sublime pain, as Nathan bit down on my shoulder and then very quickly licked the place where abruptly every nerve ending had seemingly gathered.
‘I could make you cum… here and now…’ Nathan’s rasping whisper filled the shell of my ear and broke my trance.
‘Bella… Are you coming? Frankie needs you.’ Ruby’s voice got louder as she came closer to my room. ‘Oh… everything OK in here?’ she added. I couldn’t see her but knew she was now poised in the doorway taking in the scene.
‘Yep…she’s nearly coming aren’t you, darlin,’ added the bastard behind me, as he placed the straps back onto my shoulders, effectively covering up his mark I knew I would be wearing. Almost in a sleep walking state I took one step forward away from him and turned, I picked up my grandmother’s pearl-earrings box from on top of the quilt cover and called out to the retreating figure, ‘Ruby… wait up, please… Thank you, Nathan, for your assistance.’
I hurried out of the stifling room and fell into step with Ruby, who offered me a concerned look. I shook my head at her and tried to convince her with a broad smile that it was nothing. I could still hear Nathan laughing behind me as I knocked on Frankie and Alex’s door. I opened it and plastered a mask onto my face.
‘I’m here, gorgeous girl… sorry about the delay… I was having trouble doing up my necklace. Here’s your something borrowed.’
I am a chocolate addict, children loving, mad woman. A self confessed book whore who reads more than she exercises.
Luckily I am married to the love of my life, together we have four boys and lots of dogs. I live in south east England, although I love to travel.
When I'm not reading... I can be found writing and drinking copious amounts of tea!

No comments:

Post a Comment